Irrigation Sprinkler Technician
The Irrigation Technician is responsible for overseeing day to day duties which include irrigation start-up, maintenance checks, winterization and installation. Troubleshoot irrigation systems on commercial accounts and also may assist in other landscape maintenance duties as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ensures spring turn on and winterization of irrigation systems.
* Completes various repairs and troubleshooting throughout the year.
* Manages and installs irrigation systems when necessary.
* Ensures a secure and safe environment for site inspections.
* Ensures the required tools and materials for projects including necessary inventory.
* Monitors the irrigation system in terms of usability and maintenance programs.
* Coordinates repairs with the Service Manager based on the needs of the customer.
* Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years of work related experience or training is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of irrigation and irrigation systems is required.
- A Back flow Certification is desired, but not a requirement
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and write
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to help with production, scheduling and routing
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels.
- Landscape irrigation experience of 3 years