The Account Director is responsible for managing day-to-day client accounts and internal project teams. This person is focused on excellence in delivery — to ensure accounts and projects run smoothly, achieve the highest creative standards, and get results. Success in this role is gauged by overall quality of work, client happiness and internal team satisfaction.
*Please note only US Citizens or Permanent Residents may apply. No recruiters please.
The Account Director is the main client point of contact on their accounts, and works with Insomniac Design teams to manage project timelines, reviews, deliverables and approvals. They’re able to clearly set expectations with our clients and teams — calmly and effectively navigating the challenges inherent to client, agency, and creative work — and communicate effectively internally and externally to delegate and guide project roles across the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Account Management: Day-to-day accounts, client relationships, and project teams
- Workflow Prioritization: Ability to balance competing requests and client expectations.
- Project, Budget & Expense Tracking: Oversight and management of project schedules, and budgets.
- Set Expectations Effectively: Set external expectations effectively with clients, (ex. - scope, goals, timelines) and maintain positive relationships with client contacts.
- Internal Communication: Coordinate between Insomniac Design senior leadership and project teams.
- Quality Control: Guide and support internal project teams (ex. — project schedules, role clarity, deliverables management). Overall responsibility for quality control and consistency of project deliverables, as well as client and team satisfaction.
- Biz Dev Support: Maintain and grow accounts, working with Insomniac Design leadership to build upon business, client and account health.
Qualities & Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience in digital marketing and strategy. Excellent people and management skills. Proficient understanding of the most recent web, digital, and social media practices (ex. — agile / scrum, content strategy, data & analytics).
- High-energy personality who’s excited to manage and work with teams and clients.
- Strategy-savvy with an eye for smart and effective digital marketing approaches.
- Problem solver who resolves conflicts elegantly and effectively.
- Team leader who maintains team members’ trust and confidence in navigating project challenges. Fosters a supportive dynamic with clients and project teams, with a persuasive and confident approach to creative projects.
- Management experience with clients or teams in an agency or in-house role is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.