From concept development, through production, the Visual Designer is responsible for ensuring that the deliverables reflect creative work of the highest caliber. The ideal candidate will show a strong design background in a variety of mediums / disciplines with an intense drive to learn more and do more to be the best. We want you to own the project, make it yours and ensure it gets delivered on time and on budget.
- Concept exploration, including mood boards, drawing, sketching, analyzing market/competitors, conducting research for the design, and then executing the concept into a refined design for client presentation.
- Work in a variety of mediums / disciplines including branding, graphic design, interactive design, user experience – and have a desire to make THIS design project better than the last.
- Work closely with development team as necessary, to ensure proper implementation of designs and creative functionality to ensure adequate retention of user experience.
- Work directly with creative director, project managers, user experience leads, and technical leads on assigned projects.
- 2+ years of web/visual design experience in a variety of mediums / disciplines backed with a strong portfolio.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Firm knowledge of branding / web / interactive design (graphic design a big plus).
- Expertise in developing strategic creative solutions from concept to delivery for a variety of clients and services.
- Prior experience with responsive design and mobile design.
- Experience with user-centric design and translating business requirements to site-maps, wireframes task flows, navigation flows, and wireframes.
- Show good judgment, excellent planning, problem-solving, troubleshooting skills, coordination, management, and communication (verbal and written) with the ability to think strategically, act quickly, multi-task, work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility, and make things happen.
- Demonstrated experience within fast-paced environments.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work with tight deadlines while managing your own time ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, team spirit.