Engineering Manager (remote)
If you like working in a small and fun startup environment where you'll have full ownership to deliver tangible results, Insightly is the right place for you! We are looking for an engineering manager to join our engineering team. You will design, develop, and maintain the Insightly APIs and Hosted Application. In this role, you will be working closely as part of a smart and collaborative team that is developing highly scalable cloud-based CRM services for small and medium businesses.
- Lead a team of software engineers to design, build, deliver, and operate complex software.
- Hands-on technical lead. Lead technical conversations and participate in technical and architectural decision making, writing, and reviewing code.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
- Work with cross-functional teams to evolve the platform and product.
- Work with engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals
- Hire, train, mentor, motivate and retain top engineering talent
- Well-versed with Software development processes(Scrum etc)
- Experience building extensible backend system platforms;
What We Want From You
- 8+ years of software development experience building scalable web applications and service-oriented architectures; MS in Computer Science/Engineering or BS with equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years minimum in each of people management (5+ direct reports), technical leadership, and architectural guidance.
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and developing engineers
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- Experience with public cloud infrastructures such as AWS is a Plus.
- Experience building world-class customer-facing software.
- Understanding of OO and Design Patterns;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to grasp and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts
- Career: We offer a well rounded total rewards package including equity for all employees, 401k, career learning & growth opportunities, comprehensive employer-sponsored health plans.
- Work-life balance: We offer a generous flexible time off policy in addition to paid company holidays.
- A company that cares! Insightly is now a 100% remote first company which includes all of the benefits we provide for our employees to best adapt to the challenges and needs of a digital and dispersed workforce.
- Full IT set up for your home work station (laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, monitor stand)
- $250 one-time Ergonomics Stipend for all employees to set up their home office for success and comfort
- $50 per month remote work stipend to help you with your remote work needs
- Monthly virtual, instructor led, meditation sessions
- Annual membership to Peleton fitness app
- Weekly company newsletters, trivia, Slack challenges, and more!
- Virtual team and company events to keep the party going
- Culture and Values: Diversity, Inclusion, and Support for all employees is vital to Insightly. To do so we have fantastic initiative such as:
- Company wide Women in Tech group which focuses on having female speakers from all backgrounds come and have "fireside chats" with the company on their careers, backgrounds, advice, etc.
- Women in Sales support group which focuses on professional development, community, and career advancement.
- Continual company-wide Diversity and Inclusion training with expert speakers and instructors
- Volunteering options- yes, even while remote!
- Company matched donations to support black and civil rights charities such as NAACP, BLM, ACLU, George Floyd Memorial Fund, Compassion Oakland, Asian Americans Advancing Justice, and more!
- To empower companies to build lasting relationships with their customers.
- We play as a team.
- We are ambitious and think big.
- We strive to make customers happy.
- We build with simplicity not complexity.
Insightly is on a significant growth trajectory with a solid track record and reputable investors. We have concluded a Series C financing round and is backed by Emergence Capital Partners, Cloud Apps Management LC, Sozo Ventures, and TrueBridge Capital Partners.
Insightly is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.