Assistant Project Sales Engineer at Engineered Syntactic Systems
Assistant Project Sales Engineer
Engineered Syntactic Systems (ESS)
Engineered Syntactic Systems (ESS) has an immediate opportunity for an Assistant Project Sales Engineer to join their team in Attleboro, MA. Under the direction of the Sales Manager, the Assistant Project Sales Engineer will provide support to the engineering team through quoting, interdepartmental communication, project management and supply chain management.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, team-player interested in a hands-on learning experience with opportunities for training, mentoring and career development. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects for customers providing materials and solutions for challenging environments in the areas of buoyancy, civil infrastructure, electronics and insulation. With over 30 years of experience in specialized syntactic foams, ESS products can be found from the depths of the ocean to Texas oil fields to US naval vessels.
Assistant Project Sales Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineering and sales team to quote and manage projects from concept to delivery
- Prepare plans with detailed drawings that include project specifications
- Support manufacturing processes by providing input on the design of products and solutions to address design issues
- Communicate effectively with project manager and engineering team to provide assistance and technical support
- Become a Business System subject matter expert – both Sage 100 (ERP) and Sage CRM
- Build Bill of Materials and create item codes to convert quotes to sales orders
- Act as technical liaison to educate, interpret and address customer needs and requirements
- Perform quality control/monitoring to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Participate in trade shows and other industry related events to strengthen technical knowledge
- Vendor outreach and supply chain development
Assistant Project Sales Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Engineering preferred; Mechanical Engineering concentration strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills with experience in 3D SolidWorks or similar preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in an engineering discipline, oceanography, and/or engineered materials sectors is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative work style with strong problem-solving skills
- Results oriented and able to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible/adaptable to meet changing or multiple deadlines
About Engineered Syntactic Systems (ESS)
Engineered Syntactic Systems (ESS) is a pioneer in composite materials development and fabrication. With over 30 years of experience in specialized syntactic foams, our products can be found from the depths of the ocean to Texas oil fields to US naval vessels. We are a small and nimble firm that offers unique solutions to our customers, providing materials and systems that our competitors cannot or will not offer. Our name is synonymous with quality and we do not compete on price. The markets for our materials are increasing, and we are now positioned to capture more business through the use of our syntactic foams in many new applications. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401k matching and paid training opportunities.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Engineered Syntactic Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Engineered Syntactic Systems discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.