Network Operations Specialist
InsideSales.com is the market leader in the emerging sales acceleration market. Breakthrough innovations in cloud-based communications, gamification, predictive analytics and data visualization have helped make the company one of the hottest in the United States. In fact, CNBC recently recognized the company on their Disruptor 50 list.
The Network Operations Specialist works under the Director, Product Operations and monitors computer server and network performance. The Network Operations Specialist responds to system alerts and threats and duties related to network operations during one of three 24/5 shifts.
• 1st shift MST Coverage: 8 hour shift during the day with either a 30 minute or 1 hour lunch break. The shift start time can change, varying from 6am to a 9am start time.
• Monitor computer servers and network for application performance security threats
• Respond to both warnings and critical alerts
• Maintain procedure and knowledge repository for the Network Operations Center
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems
• Manage and utilize monitoring tools for monitoring the IT operations environment including network, server, mainframe, storage and application services components
• Assist with the management and installation of software applications for internal use-- including company’s email server and client
• Assist with the development and updating of security measures on computer servers and network
• Diagnose and problem solve issues that occur within production infrastructure
• Work tickets in Jira for telephony requests, including auditing several 100,000+ phone numbers.
• Be flexible to changes and adjustments to with adjustment being a Network Operations Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience is required
• Linux experience a plus
• AWS and/or Azure experience a plus
• Jira experience a plus
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
• Experience with the network and web protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSH, HTML, XML is preferred
• Looking for an individual who is a self-starter, proactive, on task and willing to learn and adapt
• Looking for an individual to help find solutions to problems and issues
• Ability to manage a work flow
InsideSales.com offers competitive compensation, generous benefits including stock options, a matching 401(k) program, healthcare insurance and reimbursement accounts, as well as a gym membership and ongoing training & education programs.