InsideSales.com is the market leader in the collective intelligence sales acceleration market. Breakthrough innovations in cloud-based communications, predictive analytics, and data visualization have helped make the company one of the hottest employers in the United States.
As an integral member of our Systems Team, the Systems Engineer role is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of our global network and systems hardware plus software and related infrastructure. This individual also participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual works to ensure that network and system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational expectations, enabling staff and partners to succeed.
This individual would ideally wear 3 hats interchangeably or all at once:
- Database Administrator
Things you have done and/or can do confidently:
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Four to six years system administration and networking experience
- Engineering of network and systems related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install and configure the hardware and systems that support infrastructure such as switching, network connections, firewall, wireless, etc.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for network and system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Provide Tier II/III support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS, firmware patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure and add new services as necessary
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports IS infrastructure applications or per project or operational needs. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain both Cloud and Data center environmental and monitoring systems and equipment
- Participate in on-call support rotation and the ability to perform after-hours work as required
Desired experience with things like:
- Firewalls (Palo Alto, SonicWall)
- Networking (WAN, LAN, WLAN, VLAN, BGP, VPN, Routing, Brocade, Cisco, Aruba)
- Scripting (PHP/Python/Perl/Bash/Go)
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)