Buyer - Womenswear
Founded in 1972, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
We’re looking for a BUYER for Womenswear to join our team.
To work alongside the Buying Manager to source, develop and buy a commercial range that maximises sales and profit opportunities. Deliver ranges that follow the critical path and achieve best prices and best fit and quality for the Jigsaw brand. Deliver the department sourcing plan and strategy working with merchandising, design and sourcing team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- CRITICAL PATH - Ensure on time deliveries of all product in remit, by managing the supply base and liaising with merchandising. Drive tracking meeting, fits and follow up on all actions and ensure they are done.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - With the design team, source, develop and track product ranges and sample collections for the relevant departments within the required time scales to the critical path. Ensuring margin targets are hit and the necessary quality standards met.
- COMMERCIALITY - Monitoring sales performance weekly and evaluate, propose and implement any actions that need to be taken. To maximise growth areas while managing risk of the business.
- INCREASE BUSINESS - Understanding the woven market and trends in order to maximise new opportunities for the business.
- PRICE AND MARGIN - Understand price positioning of Jigsaw product in the marketplace (current position and aspirational goal for the brand), and how best to engineer the product into target margin.
- FIT - Responsible for the fit process and ensuring it coincides with the critical path, and that garments are sealed in line with the commercial strategy of the brand.
- STRATEGY - Manage the on time delivery of the product range from sampling to bulk production and ensuring the product range is both commercial and profitable and that delivers the brand strategy in terms of meeting margin, standardisation of fit, quality levels, and that is delivered on time to maximise profit and sales.
- RANGE PLAN – Ensure that it is fully updated with current Buy information
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong Commercial Awareness
- Passion for fashion and understanding of trends
- Contribute creatively to the Design process
- Ability to cost garments and negotiate with suppliers
- Ability to manage a team to deliver results
- Good numerical and analytical skills
Excellent presentation and communication skills, with organised and structured approach
23 days holidays
Staff discount – up to 50%
Cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Access to group discounted –
Health insurance, dental insurance, health assessment, childcare vouchers, gadget insurance, travel insurance