Deputy Manager - Manchester
Founded in 1972, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
We’re looking for a DEPUTY MANAGER to join our team.
The role is responsible for assisting the management of Jigsaw in line with company targets and policies. The Deputy Manager assists the Store Manager in all areas of Store Management. In absence of the Store Manager the Deputy Manager delegates and ensures that the store delivers the highest levels of customer service via the recruitment, retention, coaching/training and performance management of retail staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively assist in managing all areas of the store P&L to within allocated budget levels, ensuring Store profitability
- To assist in the effective Recruitment, retention, development, performance management and deployment of Retail Store staff
- To work alongside the Store Manager to motivate the store team to achieve sales targets and maximise efficiencies
- Helping the Store Manager to analyse sales figures and forecast future sales volumes setting appropriate staffing levels, stock holding levels and promotional activity in order to maximise profit
- To make use of sales data provided by the Store Manager to manage store staff in to achieve all merchandising and add on sales opportunities;
- Ensure that promotions, sales and merchandising instructions provided by the Store Manager are carried out to expected standards
- To delegate for the Store Manager ensuring that the store complies with requirements in all areas of operational activity, policy and procedure with specific regard to stock and cash security
- To undertake any other reasonable duties identified by the Retail Store Manager
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team
- Excellent communication and 'people' skills
- A strong commitment to customer service and maintaining excellent store standards
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- The ability to understand and analyse sales figures
- Planning and organisational skills
- Commercial acumen
20 days holidays .
Staff discount – up to 50%
Eye care vouchers
Cycle to work scheme
Access to group discounted –Health insurance, dental insurance, health assessment, childcare vouchers, gadget insurance, travel insurance
Membership to the Retail Trust – retailHUB
Sales commission scheme