Global Account Director
global account director
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Account Director will have overall responsibility for assigned account(s) and clients by establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders on the client team. This role will oversee operations, procurement, production, and execution of the client’s projects and have direct accountability for account performance (both client KPIs and internal KPIs) within the current client scope and identification of opportunities for growth.
- Be accountable for strategic and day to day operations of multi country/global clients
- Provide high level account management support for the client on global level
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external parties to manage client related strategic and operational activities
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers
- Provide on-going strategic insights and revised solutions/recommendations based on the changing market dynamics and industry trends
- Act as a vital link between the client, creative and production teams, suppliers and shared services team(s) to ensure all terms of the contract and SLAs are met
- Build successful and strategic relationships with the client stakeholders to increase and expand revenue opportunities while upholding superior service and transparency standards
- Attend client marketing briefs, liaise with applicable client agencies, and provide strategic guidance to the production team to optimize bidding and production processes
- Serve as the P&L owner for respective accounts including performance, budget & forecast management
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and innovation that drive value for the clients
- Manage quantitative and qualitative account performance
- Ensure account profitability and competitive pricing through strategic sourcing and optimal supplier selection
- Partner with business analysts to produce and present Quarterly Business Reviews to the client and INWK management
- Serve as a SME and point of escalation for account team issues
- Understand team roles and responsibilities in order to connect team members with the appropriate SMEs and support resources
- Reinforce compliance with company policies and procedures with respective teams
- 7+ years of hands-on production or account management experience across multiple, high-volume or high-complexity accounts, within a manufacturing, client, or agency environment
- 7+ years of direct client interfacing experience including at the executive level
- Experience with full P&L oversight and accountability
- Proven project & people management skills with oversight of large teams
- Strong business acumen and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated experience navigating tough conversations effectively
- Proven proactive and analytical solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience interfacing with senior-level executives
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new technology with application in a professional environment
- Proven track record of continuously meeting or achieving established goals
- Ability to adapt across a wide range of business scenarios, including fast-paced environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.