prague, czech republic
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Accounting Supervisor will lead the team responsible for supervising the General Accounting, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, including the month-end closing process and supervision of the team.
- Ensure that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Responsible for proper timing and application of accounting rules
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and Czech accounting standards
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of accounting for organization
- Support team members and internal resources
- Supervise month-end closing
- Proactively review financial processes and work on their improvement
- Coordinate work relating to external audits (statutory and SOX)
- Responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensure that key financial processes are properly documented and updated and reviewed regularly with a view to achieving improvements and efficiencies
- Supervise regular book closing process and review of GL account balances.
- Work with the Customer Relations team to activate any new customers in the proprietary order management system
- Identify and implement areas for improvement as applicable
- Responsible for proper documentation related to each invoice
- Perform account reconciliations
- Communicate confidently and effectively with internal employees
- 7+ years of experience in accounting
- Accounting degree
- Proven strategic, analytical, and planning skills
- Able to guide, direct, or influence people
- Skilled in active listening and providing feedback
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Knowledge of finance, financial regulations, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including US GAAP experience
- Experience of working for multinational organizations
- Good commercial and business awareness
- Familiarity with French local GAAP
- Fluency in English is required
- French would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- An analytical, enquiring mind with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to proactively and independently learn business applications, accounting systems, and reporting tools
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with competing and deadline-sensitive priorities
- Excellent team player with an ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization, domestically and internationally
- Good knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- ERP / MRP experience a great benefit
- Advanced level of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.