The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution of client marketing programs. This person works with client stakeholders, suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that guarantees quality and competitive pricing while overseeing and executing a high volume of complex projects.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and delivery of the detailed Project Plan and Scope of Work.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Documents and creates any change requests required whether they arrive by request of the customer management.
- Creates and maintains activity and progress reports for internal and external customers.
- Initiates contact and works with internal team/customer to develop the proper timeframe. Sets proper expectation with the customer for the beginning and end date/times of a project.
- Tracks all budget related information to include but not limited to billable hours and expenses.
- Ensures the success of the project while remaining within the scoped time and budget.
- Properly notifies management staff of any pending or current escalations relating to the project or items that could impact the success of the project.
- Consult with design and engineering personnel to define production and aesthetic standards for displays.
- Determine vendor participation based on supplier's core competencies, ability to meet deadlines and cost parameters.
- Oversee timely creation of prototypes and provide cost effective, quality production of display fixtures in timeframes dictated in project parameters.
- Develop and maintain detailed bills of materials.
- Research new materials and manufacturing processes.
- Develop quality criteria, tests, inspections, and manuals for assigned projects.
- Communicate production information to Account Management Team.
- 3+ years of production experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of successful purchasing experience in a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- Experience with vendor negotiations and project management.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new technology for application in a professional environment.
- Ability to work independently with a drive to continually hit goals and succeed.
- Client communication and problem-solving experience with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments.