Senior Internal Auditor
senior internal auditor
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be involved in planning and executing financial, compliance and operational audits on a global scale. The individual will assist the team by providing objective evaluations, process improvement solutions, effective communication and guidance in recommending effective internal control standards. The individual will work independently and report directly to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Execute internal audits in accordance with agreed-upon scope guidance
- Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys, compose summary memos and reports, and prepare workpapers and analytics, as a part of operational or SOX audits
- Assist with identifying and defining issues, analyzing evidence, documenting processes and procedures, and developing recommendations
- Assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations
- Assist with identifying and evaluating the company’s risk areas and provide input to the development of the annual audit plan
- Represent Internal Audit with various organizational project teams and with external auditor
- Develop and maintain productive relationships throughout the company through individual contacts and meetings
- Maintain an awareness of changes in operations, regulations, and audit practices to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency
- Advocate and influence the highest standards of ethics, discipline and professionalism
- Partner with management to develop innovative business-oriented solutions to improve controls, mitigate risk, ensure process effectiveness and efficiency and meet corporate strategic objectives
- Perform special analyses and reviews, including compliance, instances of alleged fraud, and unethical misconduct
- 3+ years of related experience working in public accounting, consulting, or internal auditing
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other auditing certifications preferred
- Familiarity with applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, as well as business/IT practices, reviewing financial statements, and interpreting legal documentation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel internationally up 20% of the time
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite, specifically MS Excel
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Independent thinker, with strong organization and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.