Accounts Receivable Specialist
accounts receivable specialist
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for all timely and accurate cash applications to the company’s Accounts Receivable ledger. This person will support Accounts Receivable Analysts by analyzing accounts receivables and applying collection policies and procedures.
- Daily applications of customers’ payments and wires from bank, ensuring balances uploaded to system match the bank
- Daily distribution of cash receipts file, including customers payments by credit card.
- Manages the remittance email for customer’s receipts and remittance advises for proper cash applications
- Contacts customers and account teams for remittance discrepancies
- Ensures all unapplied cash is reconciled to close month end
- Daily reconciliation and upload of customer’s cash discounts to accounting system
- Maintains file of write-offs for upload into account system, ensuring appropriate approval levels have been met
- Application of AR adjustments against customer’s invoices
- Distribution of customers’ unapplied cash and chargebacks to the appropriate collector
- Assist with month-end activities and year closings
- Perform daily processing of financial transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner
- Receive incoming customer payments, enter cash receipts, and complete bank deposits
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, monitor returned checks and chargebacks
- 2+ years of accounts receivable experience, preferably in cash applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- Highly proficient in general bookkeeping procedures
- Extremely high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including amazing growth opportunities and other benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.