Senior Accountant - SEC and External Reporting
senior accountant, sec and external reporting
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Senior Accountant, SEC and External Reporting, will be a key contributor to the Corporate Accounting team and will assist with, and be responsible for, many aspects within SEC and external reporting. This position requires frequent interaction and communication with Corporate teams, global finance personnel, as well as internal and external auditors.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and required disclosures for 10-K and 10-Qs and other required SEC filings
- Research, as needed, on specific accounting issues and regulations and communicate preliminary findings and impact on financial statements and relevant disclosures (may require collaboration with technical accounting)
- Work directly with internal and external auditors during annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Prepare supporting documentation and analyses to support the financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A disclosures, including tie-out and support binders
- Prepare quarterly consolidated balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses and the statement of cash flows, as well as other supporting financial statement schedules
- Lead the detailed XBRL tagging process of financial statements and footnotes (knowledge of upcoming iXBRL requirements is a plus)
- Work with the Manager, SEC and External Reporting, to maintain strong internal controls around the external reporting process to ensure compliance with internal audit and SOX requirements
- Support the Manager, SEC and External Reporting, in collaboration with other groups and key contributors to SEC reports to obtain the necessary information needed to draft the appropriate disclosures in 10-K and 10-Qs, including Legal, Finance, Tax and FP&A.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (must be highly proficient in Excel)
- Experience with Host Analytics and Dynamics AX is a plus
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and a confident team player
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.