Human Resources Business Partner
human resource business partner
where great ideas win
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning the company’s human resources strategy with identified business objectives and organizational goals for assigned business units. The HRBP serves as a consultant to employees and management on human resources-related issues. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent, assessing and anticipating HR-related needs. The HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions, communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management. The HRBP formulates and leverages partnerships across the organization to deliver value-added services to employees and management that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Acts as a strategic HR consultant and primary point of contact for employees and managers in designated business units.
- Is an integral member of the HR team, contributing to, or leading, organization-wide HR projects.
- Plans and executes strategic integration of HR function of acquired business into the broader organization.
- Partners with HR colleagues and management to develop and execute HR initiatives and programs, including goal setting, performance management, values alignment, talent development, engagement and retention, workforce planning and employee relations.
- Participates as a highly visible member of clients’ leadership teams, utilizing a deep understanding of business needs and strategy to recommend value-added HR initiatives and programs in support of organization objectives.
- Assists managers with development, implementation and evaluation of departmental behavioral guidelines and key performance indicators that align with values and support achievement of organization and team goals.
- Fosters employee communication and feedback through employee check-ins, weekly team meetings and activities, and regular conferences.
- Leverages existing training resources or identifies and facilitates specialized training and other developmental resources for employees and managers based on needs assessment.
- In partnership with the recruiting department, follows established recruiting processes and procedures to support hiring of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, partnering with the legal department as appropriate to ensure regulatory compliance and reduce legal risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources
- Professional HR Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated history of applying good judgment and decision-making, learning from past experience
- Diplomatic and confident moderator with the ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- Able to work independently within established guidelines and procedures
- Goal-oriented and able to deliver effective results within tight deadlines
- Organized and efficient, with excellent time management skills
- Able to quickly learn specifics about our industry and organization and incorporate into recommendations
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.