Country Manager Japan
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Country Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations and sales initiatives, as well as the design and implementation of overall revenue growth and profitability improvement processes for our operations in Japan. This role will report directly to the Hub leader and be responsible for driving new business growth, as well as building and maintaining key executive relationships with existing clients.
- Coordinate and develop sales strategies/plans to achieve revenue, profitability, and other organizational goals established for the country
- Drive performance accountability with a combination of metrics and leadership
- Report key performance metrics on a monthly basis to management
- Own full P&L responsibilities to ensure profitability while maintaining exemplary customer satisfaction levels
- Devise and implement a business-building mind-set and approach within the region
- Act as a key executive in sourcing, negotiating and closing new major enterprise accounts
- Coordinate with other functions within the organization to ensure programs are delivered and client goals are achieved
- Recruit, train, and develop teams to ensure an optimal experience for clients and suppliers
- Partner closely with the Hub Leader and serve as a primary overseer of contract negotiations, dispute resolutions, and profit maximization efforts
- Maintain and foster the highly collaborative culture which exists at InnerWorkings, and drive a spirit of superior work quality and success
- 10+ years’ professional experience leading client relationships and driving success
- 3+ years’ experience of working with major international blue-chip brands/companies preferably gained in FMCG categories, ideally from both a production perspective and agency side
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English
- A solid understanding and experience of POP/POS and marketing collateral market (permanent, semi-perm and print)
- Good knowledge of the local retail market
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to identify business opportunities/issues
- Ability to solve complex client issues
- Skilled in selling to major blue-chip organizations in the country
- Strong time and people management skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present to mixed audiences and varied levels
- Dynamic, motivating, and relationship-driven management approach, along with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiating skills and business judgment
- Entrepreneurial-minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including amazing growth opportunities and other benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer