The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution of client marketing programs, specifically point-of-sale merchandising. This person works with client stakeholders, suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that guarantees quality and competitive pricing while overseeing and executing a high volume of complex projects.
- Gather project requirements and manage all production aspects on behalf of the client, working with vendors on delivery timetables and maintaining on updated status of assigned projects.
- Input all project specifications and relevant data into an internal procurement system and maintain key data points in the system, including customer quotes, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Execute projects within contract-specified timelines, according to budget requirements and quality standards.
- Build relationships and communication channels with clients to ensure smooth workflow and handoffs.
- Liaison between internal and external stakeholders, agencies, and suppliers to ensure quality and on-time delivery within budget.
- Execute production efficiently in accordance with the procedures described in business processes.
- Identify and develop programmatic solutions, which are both beneficial and economical for the client and InnerWorkings.
- Provide high-quality customer service, communicating to clients with appropriate and relevant status updates.
- Assist Account Managers in compiling account and project updates for key presentations as directed.
- Escalate production issues immediately to management.
- In collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing Team, investigate potential suppliers and make recommendations based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and schedule availability to derive cost efficiencies for projects or campaigns.
- Engage in a consultative partnership with the client to improve achievement of marketing goals on assigned projects.
- Ensure goal tracking and achievement of SLAs and KPIs is consistent with client standards and contractual requirements and internal KPIs related to operational efficiency.
- Handle a multitude of complex and diverse product-type categories, including direct mail, POP/POS, and branded merchandise.
- Prepared to attend press checks with or without client and ensure necessary subject matter experts are present to effectively manage process.
- 5+ years of product category production experience. Additional eStore/inventory experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Proven success with purchasing in a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- Experience independently managing multiple complex product-type categories.
- Demonstrated relationship building through client interfacing.
- Skilled in project management, planning, analysis, and problem solving.
- Experience negotiating job costs and schedules with suppliers and vendors.
- Able to work with little-to-no direct supervision while still being part of a team.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new technology for application in a professional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt across a wide range of business scenarios, including fast-paced environments.
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments.