raleigh, north carolina
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Production Manager will be responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution of client marketing programs. This person will work with client stakeholders, suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that guarantees quality and competitive pricing while overseeing and executing a high volume of complex projects.
- Gather project requirements and manage all production aspects on behalf of the client
- Work with vendors on delivery timetables and maintain an updated status of assigned projects
- Input all project specifications and relevant data into an internal procurement system and maintain key data points in the system, including customer quotes, purchase orders, and invoices
- Execute projects within contract-specified timelines, according to budget requirements and quality standards
- Build relationships and communication channels with clients to ensure smooth workflow and handoffs
- Liaison between internal and external stakeholders, agencies, and suppliers to ensure quality and on-time delivery within budget
- Execute production efficiently in accordance with the procedures described in business processes
- Identify and develop programmatic solutions, which are both beneficial and economical for the client and InnerWorkings
- Provide high-quality customer service, communicating to clients with appropriate and relevant status updates
- Assist Account Managers in compiling account and project updates for key presentations as directed
- Escalate production issues immediately to management
- In collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing Team, investigate potential suppliers and make recommendations based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and schedule availability to derive cost efficiencies for projects or campaigns
- Engage in a consultative partnership with the client to improve achievement of marketing goals on assigned projects
- Ensure goal tracking and achievement of SLAs and KPIs is consistent with client standards and contractual requirements and internal KPIs related to operational efficiency
- Handle a multitude of complex and diverse product-type categories, including direct mail, POP/POS, and branded merchandise
- Attend press checks with or without client and ensure necessary subject matter experts are present to effectively manage process
- 3+ years of product category production experience required, additional eStore or inventory experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of successful purchasing experience in a manufacturing, client, or agency environment
- Experience with vendor negotiations and project management
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new technology for application in a professional environment
- Ability to work independently with a drive to continually hit goals and succeed
- Client communication and problem-solving experience with a solution-oriented mindset
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.