account manager, packaging
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Account Manager is responsible for working closely with our clients, suppliers and internal contacts delivering services professionally, to specification and on time. This is a fast-paced role dealing with a variety of packaging projects.
This person will support the Client Services Manager to oversee development, procurement, production, and execution of the client’s jobs and/or projects in order to help meet and exceed client expectations, creating and identifying new opportunities for InnerWorkings.
- Oversee and facilitate procurement, development, production and shipping for the client’s projects; be a vital link between the client and suppliers as well as internal teams to ensure the project is delivered flawlessly
- Use knowledge and expertise of both client expectations and manufacturing limitations / budget or time constraints to propose alternative solutions proactively
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers to increase and expand revenue opportunities through extended service offerings
- Responsible for client interaction via scheduled weekly calls, project trackers and face-to-face meetings where necessary
- Proactively analyze margin and profitability on all jobs understanding costs throughout the supply chain
- Have overall project responsibility to provide status updates and to highlight well in advance any concerns over being able to deliver the project to the agreed timelines. Provide alternative solutions to the client to help expedite either the development or production to meet their requirements
- Manage all aspects of production, working with internal and external teams to ensure each project runs successfully
- Assist the Client Services Manager with Quarterly / Annual Business Reviews by collating project, account and financial information as well as highlighting opportunities and threats
- Responsible alongside the rest of the account managers for managing the daily workload of the account coordinator
- Ensure contract obligations and SLA’s are being met by InnerWorkings, the client and our suppliers
- Work closely with the Account Coordinator to ensure all administrative tasks are performed and regularly reviewed, including scheduling, stock holding, live order processing and invoicing
- Consistently ensure workflow with LPD HK is optimized to provide an efficient way of working, optimizing business performance
- Responsible for the overall project success and client satisfaction
- Responsible for managing monthly and quarterly forecasting
- 2-3 years of professional work experience; client-facing enterprise expertise preferred
- Packaging experience is essential
- Relevant experience in a marketing, production, supply chain environment
- Experience in the development and manufacture of promotional and/or related added value printed items would be an advantage
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level professionals
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Independent thinking, with strong organization and planning abilities
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Open to travel
- Own vehicle required
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including amazing growth opportunities and other benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer