Accounts Receivable Analyst, collections
accounts receivable analyst, collections
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst will be responsible for complex financial, administrative, and clerical services, and will ensure proper review, timely processing, and communications of all billing and collection. This person will support financial managers to complete assigned receivables by analyzing accounts receivables, applying collection policies and procedures, and recommending accounting treatment for delinquent accounts.
- Perform daily processing of financial transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner
- Maintain the accounts receivable aging for customers, receive incoming customer payments, enter cash receipts, and complete bank deposits
- Monitor activity on and proactively contact all assigned accounts regarding past due items
- Communicate with customers via phone and email to reconcile customer accounts, and address customer inquiries
- Carry out billing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Maintain up-to-date billing system and reconciliation of accounts
- Regularly monitor accounts receivables and report them to management
- Partner and communicate with supervisor regarding any issues, unusual events, disputes, or deviations of policies or procedures
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, monitor returned checks and chargebacks
- Assist with month-end activities and year closings, including monthly statements and aged receivable reports
- Research discrepancy invoices and unapplied or unidentified payments, including identifying problem areas and assisting with finding and implementing solutions
- 5+ years of accounts receivable or collections experience
- Strong background in Microsoft Office – Highly proficient in Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate across many organizational levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask required
- Must possess a high energy and sense of urgency
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including amazing growth opportunities and other benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.