Senior Accountant - Global Consolidations
senior accountant, global consolidations
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Senior Accountant, Global Consolidations, will assist in all aspects of the global monthly close and consolidation process, including the preparation of topside journal entries and consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. This position requires frequent interaction and communication with Corporate teams, global finance personnel, as well as internal and external auditors.
- Work with US and international businesses to consolidate financial results in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and year-end closes
- Perform the global monthly close and consolidation process within Host Analytics, including intercompany eliminations and booking top-side entries
- Prepare and review consolidated financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Maintain and update the global close and consolidations calendar
- Assist with the preparation and review of SEC financial filings, including 10-Ks and 10-Qs
- Monitor and review all updates and changes to the global consolidation and reporting tool, Host Analytics
- Serve as a key resource to provide guidance to local teams around the world on account mapping, intercompany eliminations, topside adjustments, and other consolidation issues
- Ensure compliance with internal financial controls and procedures
- Coordinate directly with internal and external auditors in completing annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Compile and analyze financial information to perform monthly general ledger activities of certain corporate functions/accounts and to document business transactions
- Assist in the Company’s evaluation of technical accounting matters and communicate to management the findings’ impact on the Company’s global consolidation process
- Identify, evaluate, and advise on any opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the global close and consolidation process
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Assist with special projects and provide support to other positions in the department, as needed
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles, particularly those frequently utilized in the consolidation of financial statements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (must be highly proficient in Excel)
- Experience with Host Analytics and Workiva Wdesk is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and a confident team player
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.