prague, czech republic
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The VAT Specialist will support the Global VAT Manager and will assist in training the Production and Accountant Managers and Finance staff. This individual will contribute in drafting policies and setting up systems and tools.
- Prepare VAT data ledgers for external compliance services providers, review the prepared VAT returns, EU Sales Listings, and Intrastat returns
- Act as the first point of contact for external VAT compliance service providers
- Monitor open items
- Perform VAT reconciliations to accounting records
- Manage routine compliance-related requests from internal resources
- Work collaboratively with global organization
- 3+ years of VAT experience, including compiling of VAT returns and VAT claims
- Business, Finance, or Tax high school degree is required, proven tax qualification or degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the EU VAT system and legislation
- Understanding of the customs regimes and INCOTERMS
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge into practice
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Fluent written and spoken English required, any other European language is an advantage
- Efficient multitasker, with attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business principles
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including amazing growth opportunities and other benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer