The Proofreader is responsible for maintaining a high level of quality control and standards across all generated marketing materials. More than just checking for typos, the Proofreader has an outstanding eye for detail, and an understanding of the clients InnerWorkings Creative supports. He/she will ensure campaign language consistency across multiple sales channels and executions. This role reports to the Studio Manager.
The Proofreader is the standards bearer for InnerWorkings Creative. He/she is the person who is counted on to understand and ensure compliance with departmental and corporate guidelines and values.
- Correct grammatical and spelling errors
- Fix style and tone issues to maintain consistency
- Maintain and apply deep subject matter expertise with respect to assigned clients’ brand guidelines and content requirements to ensure consistent accuracy of brand content
- Work collaboratively with the design/account team to ensure on-time and on-target development of creative materials
- 2+ years relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field of study preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented and meticulous
- Expertise in written English, particularly in grammar and spelling
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and as part of a team who will familiarize himself/herself with all brands, values, and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
- Familiar with high-volume, variable-driven versioned content