newport news, va
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Production Manager will be responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution of print jobs. This person will work with suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that ensures quality and competitive pricing, across a high volume of complex projects.
- Manage all aspects of production on behalf of the client, working with vendors on delivery timetables and maintaining updated status of assigned projects
- Build relationships with clients and develop communication channels to ensure smooth workflow
- Liaison between internal stakeholders, agencies, and suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery within budget
- Gather job requirements and perform procurement and project management for projects
- Manage the client’s jobs on-budget, on-time, and with the highest level of service and quality
- Enter all specifications into PPM4/VALO to prepare request for bid specifications, and send to selected vendors
- Maintain accurate price quotation data in PPM4/VALO for all projects and vendors
- Investigate potential suppliers and recommend the best based on manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and schedule availability
- Develop program strategies which are both beneficial and economical for the client
- Work with internal stakeholders and agencies to derive cost efficiencies for print projects and/or campaigns
- Analyze job revenue, cost, and profitability by job or project, and create quarterly and yearly analysis and reports
- Identify and present additional production solutions to clients
- 3+ years of print production experience
- Proven record of successful print purchasing experience in a manufacturing, client, or agency environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Proven project management skills
- Experience negotiating job costs and schedules with suppliers and vendors
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.