general ledger accountant
Prague, Czech Republic
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
We are currently looking for a general ledger accountant to join us in Prague on a permanent contract.
- Will participate and be responsible for closing operations of various group entities including bank reconciliations, payroll reconciliation, monthly cut-off procedures, expense accruals, and trial balance review
- Review month end and quarter end results and critically challenge and comment on variances to budget, forecasts, prior periods, etc.
- Effectively work with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams
- Collaborate on forecasting and financial planning
- Ensure high quality and fulfilment of tasks within given deadlines
- Assure quality and risk management activities
- Make significant contributions to the process improvements and works on the constant building of relevant knowledge
- Participate in project work and special tasks
- Solve ad-hoc daily business issues together with employees and others
- 2+ years of experience in similar fields
- Experience with monthly close activities and financial statement generation
- Experience in Shared Service Centre is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Very good comprehension of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience of accounting systems Microsoft Dynamics AX, Oracle or similar a plus
- Experience of consolidation systems Hyperion, HFM or similar a plus
- Proven analytical skills and detail orientation
- Proven interpersonal skills for work internally across departments as well as with clients
- Strong decision-making skills
- Must be fluent in English and comfortable using in daily written and verbal communication
- Other languages such as French, German or Spanish are a plus
- Open, Honest, and Direct
- Stress resistant and able to focus under the time pressure
- Empathetic and social person for daily interaction with many people
- Ability to multi-task many things at once without losing focus and control
- Perfectionist with a high level of attention to detail
- Natural drive for development and self-improvement
- Accounting degree
- Advance English
- Problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- An analytical, enquiring mind with a high level of attention to detail.
- Open, Honest and Direct.
- Good knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- ERP / MRP experience a great benefit
- Advanced level of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional