Campaign Manager, Direct & Digital Marketing
campaign manager, digital and direct marketing
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Digital and Direct Marketing Campaign Manager will play a pivotal role leading and influencing email and direct mail campaign strategy and execution on behalf of a key account within the non-profit sector. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Creative & Digital Marketing Services, this hands-on role will own the strategic planning, execution, and analysis of assigned campaigns, working in close collaboration with client stakeholders, as well as with internal peer creative and production management teams to ensure flawless execution of marketing campaigns that support the client’s mission and brand through effective development and donor engagement. If you have a strong background in direct and/or digital marketing, are equally at home in creative briefs, spreadsheets and marketing automation platforms, and are looking to make an impact supporting an organization committed to helping others, then we want to meet you.
- Campaign Planning and Strategy
- Lead ongoing strategic recommendations to client on all facets of direct mail and email program management, execution and optimization; including creative/content/format direction, audience criteria/segmentation, A/B and multivariate test opportunities and in-market cadence
- Establish and maintain proactive planning cycle, ensuring plans are presented, reviewed, adjusted (as needed) and approved well ahead of executional milestones and in-market dates
- Develop concise, insightful and actionable creative briefs, ensuring all relevant information and reference material is provided
- Partner with internal production management and external suppliers to offer ongoing recommendations around direct mail production efficiency and innovation, as well as list selection, strategy and segmentation
- Research, maintain and share industry and marketplace trends to provide insights into competitive landscape and emerging techniques in non-profit marketing and development
- Campaign Execution and Project Management
- Partner with internal traffic and resource managers to develop achievable workback schedules and resourcing assignments, ensuring scope of work is clearly understood and appropriately prioritized
- Oversee all stages of project lifecycle from cradle to grave; proactively mitigating potential risks, leading course-corrections when necessary, and keeping Client appropriately apprised of status
- Serve as the Voice of the Client during internal creative reviews to ensure that creative intent and execution align with client objectives
- Facilitate the client review/approval process, to ensure feedback is received in a timely fashion and that direction is clear and actionable
- Preparation of ad hoc creative project estimates, invoicing and financial reconciliations
- Configure, test and deploy email campaigns using client-licensed email campaign management platform (currently MailChimp)
- Facilitate hand-off of print-ready direct mail artwork files between internal Design Studio and Production Management
- Email List Management
- Management and maintenance of Email list(s) within MailChimp, including the import/export of records and/or segments as necessary, creation of new segmentation as warranted and assignment of lists/segments to specific campaigns
- Strict adherence to all client, InnerWorkings and regulatory requirements with respect to the handling of list data and permission-based marketing
- Preparation and distribution of standard and ad hoc campaign performance reports
- Ongoing analysis of campaign performance to measure ROI, forecast future results and identify potential opportunities for further testing and optimization
- Client Relations
- Serve as key client contact for all facets of scoped engagement and facilitate the engagement of specialized subject matter experts as needed
- Build and maintain trust through clear and professional communication. collaboration and expectation management; escalating proactively and appropriately as warranted
- Seek and identify opportunities for continued, mutually-beneficial growth and increased level of partnership
- 5+ years of direct mail and/or email marketing experience, preferably within an agency or client-facing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of key performance metrics in direct mail and email marketing and ability to effectively interpret data to identify trends and inform strategic recommendations
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Marketing Automation and/or Email Campaign Management Software (e.g. MailChimp or similar)
- Experience with non-profit marketing and/or fundraising a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Proven teamwork skills and flexibility
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.