Senior Manager of North American Accounting
senior manager of north american accounting
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Senior Manager of North American Accounting, Revenue and Inventory, will lead our North America revenue and cost accounting function and oversee the day to day accounting processes ensuring financial records accurately reflect the operations of the business. This person will partner with our accounting and finance leadership team to drive process improvement throughout the corporate accounting function.
- Manage and coordinate the company’s North America revenue, cost and inventory accounting operations including oversight over various portions of the company’s month end close process including revenue and cost accruals, customer contract review, accounts receivable, and inventory and warehousing.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to improve the overall effectiveness of the company’s North America accounting function, specifically related to revenue and inventory
- Collaborate cross functionally across the business to understand the operational needs of the organization in order to implement accounting process changes
- Work closely with the company’s accounting department to ensure their future career development
- Create, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures to improve clarity and consistency
- Partner with the company’s internal audit function to confirm that the company’s internal controls are operating effectively throughout the accounting and finance function
- Monitor accounting guidance changes and regulatory updates; provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums to document conclusions
- Perform research on complex accounting issues, communicate findings to Finance management, and coordinate discussions with external auditors and others to drive issues to completion
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- 7+ years of experience in progressive accounting roles
- CPA certification and experience in a public accounting are required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- Experience managing people within a corporate accounting function
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of integrity and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to proactively and independently learn business applications, accounting systems, and reporting tools
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with competing and deadline-sensitive priorities
- Excellent team player with an ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization, domestically and internationally
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including health and wellness, time off, volunteer opportunities and retirement plans designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.