Technical & Quality Manager
technical and quality manager
hong kong or guangzhou, china
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
The Technical and Quality Manager will be responsible for working alongside account managers on all new and existing project development and quality processes to maintain and grow the account portfolio, assessing also the existing quality SLA-s and implementing improvements. This person can be based in Hong Kong or Guangzhou.
- Arrange meetings with Procurement Team making sure the CP for Risk assessment, Product Development, Pilots, were all inline and are under control to meet dispatch date
- Coordinate the technical and quality manager based in UK with all the factories based in China.
- Assess new projects and establish risk assessment to ensure that key elements are met
- Liaise with Product Managers and Suppliers to ensure that quality standards are clearly communicated and documented for all new projects
- Complaint Management: supporting Account Managers / Product Manger to obtain CAP from suppliers and bring the case to file closed
- Prepare a monthly and weekly plan (daily review for being stationed in Dongguan, China) with Quality teams (both QA/QC) in China
- Ensure that all QCs and suppliers are aware of specific Customer requirements for testing
- Establish a development plan for QC personnel to ensure they understand standards required by our Clients
- Establish training programs with external bodies such as ITS or any other 3rd parties, to ensure our QC are aware of latest regulations and standards
- Develop assessment format for all QCs to establish strengths and weaknesses and areas for improvement
- Ensure that suppliers are manufacturing to required standards
- Review supplier base and prepare formal reporting system to rate suppliers on quality
- Reject rates revision and establish a plan to reduce starting with the highest percentage. This should form part of a quality improvement plan
- Set up quality system with new sources of supply where applicable
- +5 years of experience managing a quality function within packaging or printing environment
- +5 years of experience working in an international environment
- Experience coordinating internal departments and factories
- Experience working for packaging and printing industry
- Experience in Asia supply chain
- Proven ability to influence and facilitate cross functional improvement activity
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
- Availability to travel
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We offer benefits according to the local market and we value our employees in order to keep them at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.