Director, DevOps Engineering
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Director of DevOps Engineering to join our North America team, reporting to the senior director of DevOps. In this role, you will work with site reliability engineers (SRE), DevOps engineers, and application engineers to ensure the DevOps platform provides a uniform, reliable, and sustainable service medium for existing and new applications. You will use modern Agile practices to ensure your team is able to act quickly while incorporating feedback from Product Management, Support, Sales, and other internal stakeholders.
You’re the ideal candidate if you enjoy pushing the boundaries of cloud automation, leading team members to create innovative DevOps solutions, and working with app teams to rapidly deliver solutions to customers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 10-15 DevOps and SRE engineers
- Eventually lead DevOps managers in other global regions
- Be an active member of the DevOps strategy team, working to set overall best practices and team organization
- Manage and mentor team members into growth opportunities with a lead-by-example approach
- Collaborate with the architecture team on projects using a combination of COTS and homegrown solutions
- Recruit and grow the team as necessary, while fostering transparency, collaboration, and trust across geographically distributed areas
- Drive innovation and continual improvement in the technologies implemented and the processes used to deliver them
- Promote the importance of building resilient and self-scaling systems that minimize customer impacts, while providing a healthy work environment for operators
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years DevOps management experience
- History of management role evolution, demonstrating increasing levels of management responsibility
- Hands-on experience with the full software development lifecycle for enterprise SaaS products
- Hands-on experience with cloud architecture and deploying cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD tools in a cloud environment (Git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Preferred experience with monitoring and alerting tools (APM, Splunk, PagerDuty, SNMP, etc.)
- Solid networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, DNS)
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Understand Infoblox’s world-class DevOps operations
- Inject new ideas for the overall DevOps strategy
- Improve an already high-performing DevOps team and culture
After about a year, you will…
- Collaborate with leaders across development teams in the quest for engineering efficiency
- Work with other leaders in the organization to further improve corporate processes
- Serve as a stakeholder for both short- and long-term DevOps initiatives
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.