iOS Automation Engineer
Infostretch is seeking an iOS Automation Engineer with 5 + years of experience in Automation Testing. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
- 5 + years of experienced candidate with Automation background
- Good understanding on iOS application development & testing.
- Experience with objective C and XCUITest.
- Experience in Selenium and Java
- Knowledge of API testing tools and HTTPS Proxy tools such as SoapUI, Postman, Telerik Fiddler, and Charles Proxy
- Experience writing test scenarios and BDD/TDD
- Hands on experience with Jenkins and configuration.
- Hands on experience managing code in code repository (Git and Bitbucket)
- Hands on experience creating build from code and debug code.
- Experience with Junit and TestNG
- Strong adherent to Agile principles in letter as well as in spirit. Knows and follows Agile convention, but importantly internalizes the Agile spirit
- Strong communicator – able to work closely with counterparts in a cross-functional, Agile team setting, to understand product needs and implement the right tests
- Understands the importance of data as to analyze reported issues, inform severity of defects, inform the priority of tests
- Excellent process/project/people management skills while managing multiple priorities
- Strong problem-solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and develop the appropriate test approach quickly is essential
- B.S. in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study
- Work with development team and QA Automation Engineers in a distributed team environment.
- Work with development team to understand in-sprint development and prepare automation test scripts.
- Identify use cases and test case for new developed features and document them.
- Create BDDs for identified test cases and segregate them for Unit, UI, functional and regression.
- Develop automation scripts and execute as per applicable phase.
- Take the development code and build app for device/simulator.
- Take active participation in all sprint ceremonies.
- Report and validate defects found. Assign appropriate Severity to defects.
- Generate, Update and store test data required for scripts.
- Develop close working relationships with other members of the project teams (including client support, product owners, development leads, and project managers).
- Ensure adherence to Automation and QA standards are met.
- Provide metric based reporting of test execution, defects, and project status to key stakeholders.
- Ensure test environment availability and tester access is available.