Infostretch is seeking a skilled Data Engineer with focus on Cloud experience, will be consolidating and modernizing existing cloud and non-cloud legacy data warehouses to meet current and future growth needs. The position is based in Dallas, Texas.
- The position will be solution designs, solve integration problems, and address analytics requirements for their business leaders and technical clients (leads, architects, business partners, and data scientists.)
- In addition, the position will build queries, stored procedures, etc. on cloud-based architecture. The role will be designing schemas, building table, FKs, PKs, etc. and building entity relationships and structure.
- Business intelligence (BI) is not required but beneficial, but the position will be building and optimizing the systems that allow data scientist and analysts to perform their work.
- 10+ years of mid and large-scale data warehouse implementation and development with focus on systems integration. Demonstrate proficiency in multiple terabyte environments (15TB+).
- 5+ years demonstrated Cloud engineering experience.
- 5+ years of transformation / ETL tools
- 5+ years UNIX shell and scripting experience
- 8+ years of multidimension modelling for data lake (using: warehouse, marts, cubes)
- 5+ years demonstrated Cloud engineering experience (AWS or Azure); experience in data lake projects; Example, AWS Redshift or similar columnar DB (eg snowflake, kudu).
- Preferably with DBA skills: Backup/restore
- Resolving errors resulting from locks (shared vs exclusive)
- Define roles, privileges, user security
- 5+ years of Oracle database experience
- 5+ years of data modeling experience /dimensional modeling
- 3+ years SQL language expertise
- 2+ years of Hadoop/MapReduce experience
- 1+ year of BI tools development experience
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong ability to work independently
- Proven experience in persuasion and consensus building
- Database Platforms: MySQL, SQL Server, HDFS, Oracle, Cloud DB
- Programming/Environment: MVC, Spring Batch, Hibernate 3.x/4.x, XML, JQuery, Angular JS, XML, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker(s), Eclipse, J2EE,
- Cloud Technologies: Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Masters degree or equivalent experience.