Senior Data Engineer (Java and Python)
Infostretch is seeking a Senior Data Engineer with hands on experience in Java and Python. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Contribute to the architecture, design and development of our Python and Java data workflow management platform
- Design and develop tools to wrangle datasets of small and large volumes of data into cleaned, normalized, and enriched datasets
- Work with the product group and data engineering to develop new functionality
- Should have knowledge about OO Python and Java.
- Experience working independently, or with minimal guidance
- Experience with agile software development.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with Distributed Systems design and implementation.
- RDBMS SQL and NOSQL, structured and unstructured data.
- Big data and cloud processing experience, e.g. HDFS, Spark
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment, such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with pandas and numpy
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages
- B.S. in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study