Senior Software Test Engineer (Cloud)
Infostretch is seeking Senior Software Test Engineer (Cloud) with strong software QA Automation and cloud experience. This role is based in Belmont, CA.
- Drive the quality organizations vision and strategy across the core engineering team to attain consistency in method and process.
- Experience defining and executing test strategy for enterprise Java software
- Experience owning automated testing for enterprise Java backend applications using technologies such as Kafka and Cassandra
- Experience working in agile product development teams
- Lead a team of QA engineers to consistently ensure quality is a key element injected into our development and build process.
- Drive architecting, Implementing and Enhancing a robust and Automated testing process for REST API and UI to support a continuous development/deployment environment.
- Coordinate the seamless tracking and reporting of key quality metrics for measuring progress made in the strengthening of the team’s quality footprint across all products.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge continuous Integration.
- Develop, maintain, and execute test plans for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
- Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Ensure proper tracking, oversight, and communication of QA efforts on each product.
- Manage testing status in our Issue and Project planning software - Atlassian Jira.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific user stories/requirements/quality risks.
- Participate in road-map planning to provide recommendations and concerns.
- Work intelligently towards building a stable and low maintenance set of automated tests, which remove the requirement to run regression tests manually.
- 6+ years - Software QA Automation experience on web platform – REST API automation, app automation, Web automation.
- Experience in XCUITest and Espresso (desired)
- Hands on experience on architecting and implementing automation frameworks from scratch with the latest technology.
- Ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams, including business and technical stakeholder.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and best practices.
- Comfort and experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Experience building test automation frameworks and scripts for software products deployed in a cloud using the AWS platforms
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Good time-management skills.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- B.S. in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study