The Infostretch IT Engineer is responsible for completing help desk tickets, configuring and/or installing workstations (PC Laptops & MacBook’s), supporting PCs/Corporate Network/Printers in general. The person is also responsible for supporting various mobile devices, including iPhones, Android and various tablets. Some experience with Firewall and Server is required.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Install, configure and maintain Windows/Mac corporate devices and peripherals
- Provide 1st/2nd level support for users
- Respond to user questions and troubleshoot technical problems as they arise
- Configure new workstations and laptops for users. Including periodic roll out of replacement workstations based on age.
- Perform move and changes for all corporate workstation devices, including participating in off-hours moves as required
- Utilize internal asset tracking applications to ensure all details are up to date and current regarding device configuration and usage profile.
- Provide direct end-user support and ensure that all calls and trouble tickets are entered and managed in ticket tracking software in a complete and timely manner.
- Provide to Management, information and recommendations for service improvement
- Stay up to date with company policies and procedures.
- Work on projects on an as needed basis, including participation on facilities tasks. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Resolution of moderately complex desktop problems, including PC/Mac hardware, software, network, and printer issues, with minimal assistance.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Will be required to assist on infrastructure projects.
- Assist in purchasing and providing help with general office activities as needed.
Excellent computer skills/knowledge required, as well as the ability to solve problems and troubleshoot. Customer service experience also required. Strong communication skills also required, be adaptable, flexible, and open to feedback, team player. The position also requires knowledge of hardware and software functions related to desktops and Network infrastructure. Strong typing/writing skills, as well as organizational skills, are essential.
- Must have 4 – 5 years of experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems.
- Experience supporting iOS/Android based mobile devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot printers and printing issues.
- Ability to do Network/Connectivity troubleshooting related to desktop.
- Experience with Windows active directory, DNS, DHCP, and Print Servers.
- Some experience with Virtualization and firewall configuration.
- Experience with supporting Anti-Virus software, such as Kaspersky/Sophos.
- Eager to learn about new and upcoming technology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Comp TIA A+ Certification required.