Who are we?
InContext Solutions is a cutting edge provider of 3D virtual simulations and experiences for the consumer and shopper insights industry. We use the latest in video game technology to recreate life-like shopping environments, and use them as a vehicle for testing and visualizing an almost limitless variety in-store concepts and variables – from signage to new product packing, to interactive displays and completely reimagined retail experiences.
InContext Solutions is looking to hire an entry-level motivated Research Analyst for its Chicago office. Working within the Insights team, the Analyst will get unparalleled experience learning the research process, working with top consumer brands and retailers (think Walgreens, Kellogg, Dannon…), working with shopper data, and experiencing how data gets turned into insightful and engaging stories that meaningfully impact the way our clients run their business. He or she will also have the opportunity to work with new and constantly-evolving virtual experience technology, and how that technology gets applied to market research solutions. Day to day, they will work cross-functionally with many parts of the organization (Technology, Creative, and Project Operations) to ensure the successful delivery of our research studies. As a support role working across all of the Insights projects, this role will be trained on all aspects of market research project execution utilizing virtual reality simulations.
This Analyst will report to a Manager on the Insights Team, which is a close-knit group of 10 people from a variety of research and non-research backgrounds, all of whom share a passion for delivering strategy-defining insights to our clients. We are looking for the following:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in a Market Research, Marketing, Analytic- or Social Science-related field, ideally with emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methods.
- Up to one year experience in a market research or similar setting working with CPG manufacturer, retailer or a market research supplier/agency or equivalent educational experience
- Strong analytic skills – ability to apply logical thinking to gathering, charting and analyzing data
- An inquiring mind, creative ideas and plenty of enthusiasm
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience working in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven organizational skills
- Solutions Focused, “Don’t Stop Trying” Attitude, trust and respect for all co-workers, accountable and proud of their work, flexible and receptive to change