Director of Product Management
About the company
NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) is the worldwide leader of intent-based solutions that capture and analyze interactions and transactions, realize intent, and extract and leverage insights to deliver impact in real time. NICE is analytics product company and have recently started its development center in Pune. NICE’s Enterprise solutions include the core technologies organizations need to deliver better customer experiences through more effective, engaged employees. That’s why more than 25,000 organizations across 150+ countries use NICE solutions, including over 80 of the Fortune 100 companies.
About the product
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
The Product Management Director's overall objective is to maximize revenue and margin growth of assigned solution sets or product divisions. He/she directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall direction and goals of their product portfolio. As the product champion and managing product champions both within and outside the company, he/she will be viewed as the "expert" for accurate and credible information on the product portfolio. The Director of Product Management drives the product roadmap and backlog activities while owning and enforcing profit and loss responsibilities for a multi-million-dollar solution set. He/she must coordinate and negotiate product issues with engineering, operations, marketing, training and sales groups plus interact with sales, development, training and product marketing to define requirements. The Product Management Director manages a group of product development employees that is responsible for creating the concepts, requirements, influencing other teams to work together, and a variety of analyses for new products and product improvements.
- Discuss priorities and direction with internal business executives to align vision and strategy.
- Pull together your Product Manager team to understand hot spots and provide guidance
- Proactively seek feedback from customers and prospects.
- Continue to refine roadmaps on product portfolio and align business needs and outcomes
- Analyze profit and loss of assigned product/solution sets.
- Evaluate and recommend new component, tools, technical partnerships required for successful product development which will require budgeted funds.
- Analyze cost analysis and market research to determine the impact a new or revised product will have on the market and our overall sales.
- Ensure Product Management processes are followed and supported to bring solutions to market on time and on budget. Works with one or more budget lines.
- Analyze, document, and communicate intelligence regarding competitor's capabilities, key strengths and weaknesses, pricing, and competitive positioning.
- Facilitate collaborative cross-functional team meetings to research and document product development ideas and concepts across multiple departments.
- Plan, document, and communicate new product development and product improvement projects with accompanying revenue opportunity documents, use cases, features and requirements, interaction design stories, and launch plans.
- Perform analyses and make decision regarding feature improvements and new feature developments.
- Act as and lead other Product Managers as subject matter experts expected to know and understand new features and feature improvement.
- Work with sales, sales engineers and SMEs to assist with sales opportunities.
- Day to day project management, coordination, and delivery of projects related to assigned products.
- Occasional travel for client visits, tradeshows, and sales support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred. MBA or similar a bonus.
- 13+ years of work experience with strong product management background with formal product management techniques, tools, and principals involved in planning and delivering new software products and services.
- In-depth knowledge in and experience with agile & SCRUM development methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership of product management organization or similar.
- Experience with P&L accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences.
- Requires interaction with customers, prospects, sales, executive management, and technical engineering resources, adjusting communications to the situation and successfully understanding and communicating product capabilities and priorities to each audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Reading and comprehension and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences.
- Personal interaction with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- Excellent skills with specialized computer software for drafting and producing documents and diagrams
- Driven self-starter; detail oriented, clear, logical thinker, technical thinker, bright and energetic
- Works well in fast paced, high pressure environments with the ability focus on goals and objectives
- Experience with public cloud technologies and infrastructure like Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure; if you don't have experience with cloud the strong desire to gain it may suffice.
- Knowledge and practice of Computer and Information Science topics such as algorithm analysis and design, data structures, et cetera; academic degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Project management and project communication techniques and tools. This includes alternative ways to inform via written, oral, and visual media.
- Time management experience (managing own time and balancing many different projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment).
- Telecommunications, software development, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products experience.
- Ability to personally interact with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- MBA or similar degree or experience a bonus.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.