Sr. Technical Writer
Sr. Technical Writer
Sr. Technical Writers make reliable product information easy to find and apply. This lets users be more independent and effective in their own work. Primary responsibilities include creating and delivering online help, release notes, and other technical documentation. Sr. Technical Writers are customer advocates. They understand the challenges users face and develop meaningful solutions.
This Is What You'll Get To Do:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to determine documentation needs.
- Write and edit online help, release notes, and other technical documentation.
- Prepare technical graphics and animations.
- Research and evaluate new content development tools and methods to improve documentation effectiveness.
- Maintain documentation standards and keep current on industry trends.
- Provide input on product requirements and usability.
- Determine types of publications needed for each product.
- May test software for accuracy and report findings.
- Possibly contribute on localization requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Successful Candidates Will Have The Following:
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, Communications, English, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience writing software documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and workload.
- Comprehension of technical information and ability to explain it to multiple audiences.
- Ability to interview and obtain product information from subject matter experts.
- Experience with single source authoring tools such as MadCap Flare.
- Experience with image capture tools such as Snagit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience using source control tools.
- Contact center experience.
- Documenting cloud software.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.