Location: Salt Lake City, UT
A UX Researcher's primary responsibility is to run end users through usability testing. This position observes and documents behaviors that can be transformed into quantitative and qualitative reports that will impact the design of NICE inContact's Product offering to benefit our end user. The UX Researcher assists Team Leads and Product Owners in defining top tier cloud-based software
As a UX Researcher, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work closely with UX team and product owners to identify and define research topics
- Recruit and maintain relationships with users for usability testing and ethnographic studies
- Conduct user research on multiple inContact products and experiences
- Design and execute usability studies that address both user behavior and attitude that yields data through a variety of channels, such as usability testing, semi-formal interviews, observation, surveys, A/B testing and log analysis
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Compensate Usability Test participants
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and NICE inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE inContact.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Pursuing an advanced degree in HCI, social computing, Information Science or related social science field, or MA/MS in these areas with prior related research experience preferred.
- 4+ years experience in conducting UX research, experience conducting applied and/or product related research is a plus
- Clear communicator
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with User Experience teams
- Excellent command of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Microsoft Office. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Portfolio displaying examples displaying the impact that research had on interaction models and final visuals
- Contact center experience with multi-channel routing and IVR/Self Service.
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
- Basic Understanding of software development
- Basic understanding of CSS and HTML principles
- Basic knowledge of the UX process
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.