Senior Voice Engineer
Senior Voice Engineer
The Senior Voice Engineer ensures the overall operability of the inContact voice network. This position is responsible for ensuring that the voice & VoIP infrastructure is functioning properly, reliably, efficiently and ensuring customer traffic / services are provisioned and maintained effectively. Because this is both a traditional voice and VoIP position, we are looking for skills that also include basic data networking. The main duties for this position are: Troubleshooting, Maintenance, Growth of the voice network, Building / Installing new customers, Perform / Receive escalations from other teams and streamlining the current processes so that we can continue to scale. This person must have impeccable customer skills and must demonstrate the ability to work independently and deliver quality results in a highly dynamic environment, both individually and as part of a global team.
As a Senior Voice Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Provisions and maintains advanced Dedicated Customer and Carrier connections
- Performs routine maintenance and grooming of voice network infrastructure
- Collaborate with all aspects of IT organization including; Systems Engineers, Tier 1-2 support staff to resolve trouble tickets and mitigate end-user issues with VoIP hardware and/or applications
- Escalated support structure for related corporate departments
- Configure and optimize secure telephone systems, including multi-vendor telecommunications and networking products to include all voice switches and data network hardware at the intermediate and/or expert level
- Designs, reviews, analyzes, evaluates and maintains inContact's voice network
- Perform both oral and written knowledge transfer and training to technical team members, and other stakeholders
- Monitors and responds to network troubles, outages, and events
- Must be able to support a flexible schedule and on-call services
- May be required to work nights, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to function in a high stress environment
- Willing to travel
To Land this Gig, You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 8+ years experience in telecommunications
- Advanced level experience with administration and management for at least 2 technology vendors such as: Sonus, AudioCodes, Broadsoft
- Experience with T1, DS3, OC3, OC12 install and test
- Experience with Telecommunications wiring and Telecommunication switch/PBX programming
- Advanced knowledge of VOIP/SIP
- Knowledge of Windows OS and computer architecture
- Command level knowledge of UNIX & Linux OS and architecture
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, Domains, DNS, DHCP, and Subnetting
- Experience with a structured Trouble Ticket system such as Remedy or RNT
- Least cost routing network architecture
- Expert knowledge at MS Excel
- Previous experience with configuring SBCs
- Knowledge of SBCs and their role in architecture
- Proven track record of excellent communications
- UNIX & Linux administration
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Sonus accreditation
- CCNA - Routing & Switching
- CCNA - Voice
- Knowledge of Polycom systems
- Ability to script or automate repetitive processes
- Help Desk or Technical Customer support experience preferred
NICE is an innovative, fast-paced Enterprise Software company with inspiring leaders who share an unwavering passion to push the boundaries of our software solutions whilst committing to delivering the highest levels of satisfaction for our customers.
With our embedded culture of collaboration, we create extraordinary experiences through teamwork and tenacity. We do this by fostering a cohesive atmosphere for our people to work in partnership cross-functionally and encourage initiative, spirit and adaptability in the face of change.
NICE works with some of the most exciting brands in the world. We welcome fresh ideas and pledge to champion our people to achieve amazing results that genuinely make a difference, and which are always rewarded.
With the support of our teams, you will gain an insight on what it takes to be successful from day one and be inspired to make an impact. You will feel valued and just like our 7,000 NICErs globally, will play an instrumental part in NICE achieving our ambitious goals.
Working in a friendly, inclusive environment based on respect and recognition, you’ll be encouraged to aim high and deliver your best work here. Mastering your professional craft, creating your own adventure and bringing your positive, can-do attitude to the table is a winning recipe for success with us.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.