Manager, Technical Success
Manager, Technical Success
After inContact customers have purchased and are implementing our products, the Technical Account Management (TAM) team takes ownership of the customer relationship and becomes their advocate within inContact. Customers who choose not to purchase a fee-based service package receive our Care service and a Technical Success Advisor (TSA) is assigned to them. The TSA works with the customer to help them meet their business objectives and achieve success with the inContact solution.
When Care customers call in for assistance, they reach out to technical support for break/fix issues, or to the TSA team for other account management needs. Phone calls are routed to the group of TSAs as a whole, where any TSA can assist a Care customer with their needs. TSA will proactively reach out on a monthly basis to their assigned customer to ensure that they are progressing towards their business objectives and are successful in using the inContact solution. If the customer is not healthy, the TSA engages resources to ensure that progress is made.
The Manager Technical Success is responsible for building, mentoring, developing and leading the TSA team. He/she is part of the TAM leadership team and works closely with them to ensure the success of the global teams. They help the team achieve their goals of customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention, advocacy and referenceability.
- Manage, develop and lead the Technical Success Advisor (TSA) team
- Conduct regular face-to-face discussions with employees about performance, opportunities, engagement, and success, providing effective coaching toward improved performance
- Conduct regular performance reviews, at least quarterly with an annual summary review
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and bjectives
- Adjust schedules, priorities and assignments to ensure efficient operations based on workload
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and disciplinary action for the department
- Review and respond to customer surveys and drive improvement in customer satisfaction scores
- Act as a Customer advocate, liaison, subject matter expert and/or escalation point to cross-functional inContact departments
- Partnering with other inContact employees and teams (technical support, professional services, product management, engineering, etc.), ensure that all technical challenges and other issues/cases/requests are being handled properly, are within SLA targets, and are progressing toward resolution
- Tactfully and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, especially in emotionally-charged and escalated situations, bringing people together with the common goal of resolving issues and accelerating the customer's success
- Make and meet commitments, building trust with co-workers and customers
- Present a professional image in communication, conduct, attitude and attire
- Accountable for all actions, and reinforce accountability across all employees and teams in the company
- Participate in team goal achievement and set personal goals that increase effectiveness and success
- Work closely with inContact employees to find ways to improve process and workflow efficiency
- Contribute as a part of the Technical Account Management (TAM) leadership team, supporting and advising on strategy, vision, objectives and goals
- Submit entries into a knowledge base that help the leadership team and employees succeed in their work
- Ensure that exceptional customer support is provided to the inContact customer base via live telephone calls, chat and email communications.
- Continually monitor, coach and develop team members and peers to improve the customer and employee experience
- May be called upon after hours for assistance, with the primary workday being US hours
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers internally and externally
- Adhere to the company Code of Ethics, policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field equivalent work required.
- 5+ years' experience in customer service, call/contact center or service delivery
- Track record of leading purposeful change as a leader and team player
- History of inspiring and motivating teams to improved performance
- Business to Business (B2B) technical service experience
- Understands the contact center industry
- Builds trusting and collaborative relationships
- Develops, hires and retains the best talent
- Leads by example, walking the talk and meeting commitments
- Simplifies the work through curiosity, innovation, and sharing ideas
- Possesses a natural bias for action
- Operates with discipline and purpose
- Exceptional customer facing skills, with experience leading crucial conversations with senior executives
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues through logical thought processes, troubleshooting, and data analysis
- In depth familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated performance in a fast paced environment
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Professional and confident public presence; experience in presenting to large audiences as a trainer and/or speaker.
- Deep skills in specialized technical & functional areas; deeply technical expertise around telecommunications, cloud software, reporting programming languages, integration, and/or databases.
- Account Management experience or managing Account Managers
- Technical Support Management Experience
- In-depth inContact product knowledge
- 2+ years' experience in building high performance teams.
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- Working with Small & Medium Business (SMB) accounts
- Desired personal profile: analytical, inquisitive, service & team-oriented, friendly demeanor, early adopter.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.