Business Operation Data Specialist
Business Operation Data Specialist
Ensure the accurate and proper processing of billing, invoice generation and other IT operational tasks. Ensure the accurate and timely setup of new products and pricing plans in the billing system. This position will provide the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure customer invoices are complete, accurate and timely.
- Ensure accurate, regular and timely posting of payments and adjustments reducing credits or payment delays.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of billing CDR.
- Ensure product builds and pricing plans are setup accurately in the billing system.
- Ensure data integrity and comply with corporate change management policies.
As a Business Operation Data Specialist, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Must be able to work a ﬂexible schedule, may be required to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Participate in the daily loading and veriﬁcation of carrier CDR ﬁles.
- Process bill cycles following standard operating procedures including generation of customer invoices.
- Interact with billing software vendors, partners, and customers.
- Audit selected billing invoices to ensure billing accuracy following established SOX control procedures.
- Assist in researching and resolving billing trouble tickets and inquiries within established SLA time frames.
- Focus on unbilled revenue with ability to trouble shoot, ﬁnd errors and implement processes and/or ﬁxes to recover lost revenue. Participate on Spin Team and recycle processing rotation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create standardized and eﬃcient product and pricing plan development processes.
- Function as the on-site expert of the billing system product catalog and use it to create, audit, research and update rates, pricing plans and products as necessary.
- Serve as a key resource for the Billing Department regarding products, rate programs, CDR formats and testing of new product setups and other rate changes in order to ensure billing accuracy.
- Manually process and bill Customer Detail Records (CDR) in test to make sure new products and pricing plans function as ordered.
- Make recommendations to management in areas related to billing on how to improve processes, cut costs, improve proﬁts, etc.
- Perform tasks outside billing system to ensure proper billing.
- Liaison within cross functional teams to ensure accurate and timely billing and to look at ways of improving processes.
- Write SQL queries to create standard and custom billing reports as requested for internal / external customers.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of process documentation related to your job functions.
- Perform other Billing Department functions as needed, attend meetings and training as required.
- Always follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures.
- Communicate in an eﬀective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Speciﬁc Job Related Skills
What You'll Will Need:
- BS/BA in technical (e.g., CS/IS/EE) or business (e.g., Marketing/MIS) field or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years billing experience required
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- In-depth familiarity with Excel
- Intermediate skills or experience in writing SQL queries; advanced SQL preferred
- Experience in Telecommunications Industry
- Experience in Rates Management preferred
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation, and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.