Credit & Receivables Specialist I
Credit & Receivables Specialist I
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The purpose of the Credit & Receivables Specialist I is to collect past due commercial customer balances; B2B (business to business) collections. May also require collections on smaller balance commercial and residential customers
- Enter adjustments on customer accounts specific to write-offs, settlement arrangements, and bankruptcy claims.
- Process one-time payments on customer accounts.
- Add reactivation fees, bill reprint fees, and collection fee charges on customer accounts.
- Monitor and manage charge-back notices, returned check payments, and declined credit card payments.
- Deactivate delinquent accounts to minimize exposure and potential losses.
- Conduct business to business collections and residential collections in adherence with the FDCPA (Fair Debt and Collections Practices Act) and internal credit and collections policies.
- Responsible to work from manual lists, make and take outbound and inbound calls, and engage in clear and concise collections correspondence by email.
- Handle disputes and escalations via professional communication with internal departments, and negotiate payment arrangements and settlements. Work with customers in bankruptcy and probate.
- Process payments via credit card and check by phone. Follow up calls on return payments; credit card declines, NSF check returns, credit card charge-backs.
- Provide ample follow-up for continued collection efforts, payment arrangements and other agreements made with customers.
- Establish credit limits and credit classifications for new and existing customers in accordance with internal procedure.
- Compile documentation for and hand off accounts to 3rd party collection agencies.
- Assist with additional reporting and clerical duties for the department.
Required Education, Experience and Specific Job Related Skills
- High School diploma is required.
- 1-2 years of business to business collections, windows PC environment, Adobe Acrobat, Excel and MS Office products.
- Customer service, clerical, AR accounting.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.