Cloud Operations Manager
Manager Cloud Operations
Location: Salt Lake City, UTThis position manages the AWS Operations Team responsible for several AWS accounts, VPC creation/configuration, IAM management, account security, and oversight. The accounts are used for highly available production and lab environments. This position manages the Cloud Operations effort to enable and support the teams using AWS PaaS components. In addition, the team is responsible for the infrastructure as code to deploy changes VPCs, NAT gateways, and AWS WAF.
- Ensure Cloud assets are logged and accounted for
- Responsible for finding and killing Zombi infrastructure.
- Creating expense reports on time
- Adherence to departmental budgets
- Lead a team of Software Engineers and Analysts to support, design, develop, automate, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve public cloud platform enablement
- Accountable to review and provide the team with defined Cloud platform best practices enablement strategy, standards, procedures, tools, and processes
- Partner with Product leadership to complete work, provide requirements and stakeholder input.
- Provide management updates, status reporting, and dashboards from a platform health and security perspective to demonstrate platform progress and process maturity!
- Work with Cloud hosting vendors pushing boundaries on organization cloud platform configuration.
- Enable and support product engineering teams hosting of products and services in the Cloud.
- Accountable to keep the public cloud enablement product and services up and running
- Drive and ensure alignment with Engineering peers and tech leads during strategy, planning, and delivery.
- Mentor the TechOps platform team to develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Partner with security, compliance, and identity and access mgmt. to identify and implement cloud platform gaps
- Applies strong analysis, research, and problem-solving skills across various systems and situations, including those that may be unfamiliar, to address critical issues.
- Always follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE CXone
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job-Related Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- AWS certifications preferred.
- 10+ years technical experience (software engineering, systems or network engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years AWS cloud operations management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to meet and set short term and long-term objectives for self and assigned team
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and plans with well-reasoned decisions and minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS
- A high degree of computer literacy, fluent with Microsoft Office and inContact applications
- AWS Account Administration
- AWS IAM Management
- AWS VPC Experience
- Linux Administration
- AWS PaaS Administration
- Infrastructure as Code experience
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.