Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia.
As a Manager Engineering, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Provides leadership in design, delivery, and support of NICE inContact software and platforms
- Provides leadership in management and leadership behaviors including senior level communication skills and abilities consistent with the NICE inContact 4E leadership model
- Govern programs, policies and procedures that assure consistent and replicable development methods
- Govern the set of policies that establish standard development languages, tools, and methodology; documentation practices; and examination procedures for developed systems to insure alignment with overall architecture.
- Participate in project scope, schedule and cost reviews.
- Understand product capabilities and limitations.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Responsible for new product software development and quality.
- Maintenance of software/bug fixes.
- Release scheduling.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and has demonstrated knowledge and experience in various technologies.
- Prepare and submit weekly project status reports; prepare monthly reports outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes, and forecasts project timelines.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize employee career development in an effort to grow NICE inContact’s internal pipeline of leadership talent
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business Management preferred.
- Relevant certifications also preferred among other indications of someone who values continuing education.
- 8+ years of individual contributor software development experience.
- 8+ years experience "living" with various operating systems, development tools and development methodologies including Java, C#, Scala, Python, NodeJS among many modern horizontal scaling technologies available from AWS, Azure, Apache among others.
- Idea generation and creativity in this position are a must, as are the ability to work with deadlines, manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proven history of delivering on deadlines/releases without compromising quality.
- Mastery of engineering concepts and core technologies: development models, programming languages, databases, testing, and documentation.
- Development experience with Web Services and related technologies.
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software products.
- A solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design, life cycle, software development practices, and support services. Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building horizontally scalable solutions leveraging containers, microservices, Big Data technologies among other related technologies.
- Experience working with graphical user experience and user interface design.
- Experience working with object-oriented software development, web services, web development or other similar technical products.
- Experience with telephony, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products.
- Telecommunications experience with IVR applications or telephony apps.
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Experience working on open source software projects for Apache and other great open source software organizations.
- Demonstrable experience training and leading teams as a great people leader.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.