Traffic Management Specialist
Traffic Management Specialist
This is a remote position
Primarily responsible for the management of voice traffic traversing inContact's voice network to ensure the most economical use of resources. Has an in depth knowledge of the voice infrastructure to allow for troubleshooting and resolution of complex network or telephony problems. Analyzes voice traffic and assists in planning and organizing voice traffic activities. Has a deep understanding and knowledge of the business applications and call flows.
- Build routing schemes for Toll Free and Termination traffic.
- Ensures traffic is meeting expected routes through reporting and troubleshooting.
- Participates in carrier routing issues such as the removal of a carrier due to network trouble, calculating the cost and impact associated to the event, facilitating the process while mitigating the risk of restoring the carrier to routes.
- Provide carrier traffic forecasts.
- Works with vendors on escalation of problems and status updates.
- Works with business partners to understand problem impact as well as support project and work requests.
- Acts as a technical resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Developed, manage maintain Microsoft Power BI reports.
- Perform data profiling to identify anomalies and revenue loss and take correction action when necessary.
- Monthly target rate profiles sent to carriers to drive competitive pricing.
- Process and load rate decks to Sonus/Ribbons SBCs for optimal routing and to Telelink for reporting.
- Monitor and report on carrier traffic capacity and initiate augments both internally and externally.
- Participates in projects with notable risk and complexity.
- Manage and maintain Telelink-7 for data reporting.
- Maintains relationships with vendors and other telecommunications professionals.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead teams or projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Information Systems Management or similar field or equivalent work experience required
- 3 + years of experience with TDM and SIP networks at enterprise or carrier level
- Solid experience with LAN/WAN technologies
- Experience with capacity planning and best practices as they relate to VOIP and network technologies.
- Knowledge of the following voice technologies: SIP Trunks, carrier voice network trunking, centralized voice network architecture, session border controller
- Hands on experience with configuration and testing voice circuits and equipment including TDM, and SIP circuits
- Knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP.
- Ability to work with multiple outside vendors and other internal groups to complete projects.
- Experience with troubleshooting SIP call problems by tracing and capturing logs and analyzing SIP call Traces and troubleshooting TDM and PSTN problems with carrier vendors
- Experience in completing voice traffic analysis developing trunk recommendations.
- Computer skills in the use of MS Office products, Visio.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.