IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
The IT Systems Engineer manages, deploys and maintains NICE CXone’s Corporate systems, SANs and supporting environment. This position manages, deploys and maintains all aspects of the Microsoft Windows Server and Linux environments, Mail, DNS, FTP, IIS, Active Directory, SharePoint, O365 and other server on-prem and cloud applications. They are also responsible for the management, deployment and maintenance of all hardware in these environments.
The IT Systems Engineer will also be responsible for managing, deploying, and maintaining all hardware and software in the Corporate lab. One of the primary responsibilities of the IT Systems Engineer is the evaluation, testing and deployment of new software and hardware. They are also responsible for properly configuring and deploying appropriate monitoring solutions to help maintain uptime.
This individual will clearly outline the level of risk associated with a deployment and work to mitigate risk prior to a production release. They will be responsible for consolidation using different virtualization and cloud platforms and ensuring data is protected and recoverable. They will work with the IT Systems Administration team in varying capacities to ensure an excellent working environment for NICE CXone employees.
- Ensures access to systems is accurate and according to Job Descriptions.
- Ensures equipment is accounted for, purchased and disposed of according to company policy.
- Provide competitive quotes for software and hardware purchases.
- Small computer parts purchasing
- Manage and deploy Windows Domain and Active Directory environment.
- Manage and deploy Exchange email servers, including anti-spam and gateway servers.
- Maintain Operating System software – installing, upgrading, patching.
- Set up and maintain server system and file security.
- Cable and rack servers and supporting equipment in co-location facilities (some travel will be required).
- Manage and deploy replication, imaging, and backups.
- Manage Corporate Labs – software, hardware, power and network.
- Monitor and optimize performance of servers.
- Maintain documentation of servers and networking equipment.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot problems and RMA parts as needed.
- Evaluate/recommend new products and services.
- Take part in on-call rotation for after hour support.
- Manage and deploy backup software and equipment.
- Manage and deploy virtual environments. (VMWare and Microsoft)
- Manage SharePoint environment.
- Manage Debian, Redhat and Suse Linux installations.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and NICE CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE CXone
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job-Related Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Required certifications: MCSA (Windows Server) and VCP
- Preferred certifications: MCSE, VCAP-DCA
- 4+ years troubleshooting small to medium networks
- 4+ years working in a Windows server environment
- 4+ years working with Windows 8 and 10 in Windows 2008R2 or 2012 domain
- 4+ years managing and deploying Windows domains, Active Directory, DHCP, IIS and DNS
- 4+ years managing and deploying virtual environments
- 4+ years managing and deploying Windows and servers
- 4+ year installing/configuring server hardware and OS
- 4+ years managing and deploying monitoring solutions
- 3+ years of SAN deployment and administration
- 2+ year managing Windows server backups using third party tools (Veeam, Netbackup etc.)
- Experience successfully working under time constraints and deadlines
- Experience working within a team of IT professionals; taking and following direction and completing tasks and assignments in a timely manner with a positive attitude
- SAN deployment and administration
- O365, Azure and AWS knowledge
- SharePoint administration
- Setup/management of HPE servers and blades
- Virtualization deployment and administration (VMWare or Microsoft)
- Linux/Solaris administration
- Linux/Solaris administration
- Apache/Tomcat and IIS administration and configuration
- Power configuration
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.