Location: Salt Lake City, UT (office based, hybrid work schedule)The Sr. Accountant is responsible for the preparation of technical analyses, reporting, reconciliations, and journal entries under the direction of the Assistant Controller and Controller. This position will be involved in the review of journal entries and other deliverables produced by the team. The Senior Accountant will assist in producing routine reports, monthly financial packages, and other ad-hoc reporting for senior management.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and monthly financial reports
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations
- Review routine deliverables and processes
- Assist in the consolidation of financial results
- Assist in the deployment of new systems, technology, and reporting tools
- Document accounting processes and functions
- Perform certain technical processes and prepare journal entries and reconciliations as necessary.
- Research, compile, and deliver routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Support Accounting Management in the consolidation and roll-up of financial results to the parent level.
- Support Accounting Management in the review of deliverables created by the team.
- Identify errors or misclassifications within the general ledger through review.
- Plan, direct and coordinate special projects.
- Support and mentor other staff in their routine duties under the direction of Accounting Management.
- Other financial or accounting duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience required.
- 2+ years' experience with a public accounting firm and/or 6+ years with relevant accounting experience
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts, processes and procedures regarding accruals and reserves, AR, AP, cash, reconciliations, data, documentation, Sarbanes Oxley
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and working with data and systems
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to independently problem solve and learn in new areas
- Previous experience in public accounting
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA certification
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of VBA and SQL concepts and ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and mentor junior staff members
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.