Senior Specialist Product Manager
The Senior Specialist (Principal) Product Manager is responsible for the product/solution planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle from cradle to grave, including: gathering and prioritizing solution and customer requirements, defining the solution’s vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This position also includes ensuring that the solution supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. This role would be primarily focused around CXone Suite API Management for internal and external customers ensuring consistent, high-quality, developer-friendly integration capabilities and applications.
- Own solution/product strategy associated with assigned solutions portfolio.
- Define, align, and govern a robust API vision and framework ensuring delivery of a consistent set of high quality, clearly documented, easy to use API’s, SDKs, etc. across teams
- Passionately advocate and ensure delivery of clear consistent documentation, SDK’s and use-case recipes facilitating ease of use for various consumers—Customers (internal & external), Partners and Integrators
- Monitor and analyze API success criteria such as adoption, ease of use, etc.
- Identify and build key capabilities and tools for the developer eco-system
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from start to finish; strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily R&D, and Product Marketing) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Develop and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Define the solution/product strategy, product backlog and solution /product roadmap and communicate them internally and externally.
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Maintain active product owner role under Scrum methodology. Identify, define, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with scrum teams to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Be a subject matter expert with respect to the solutions portfolio.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process by partnering with key departments.
- Identify methods and metrics for identifying success and failures.
- Coordinate with other Product Owners and Product Managers to ensure cohesiveness and governance
- Act as a subject matter expert within the company.
- Be open to occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites based on business need.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics, policies and procedures at all times.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree in Business, Marketing, or Computer Science preferred.
· 7-10+ years of product management/marketing experience with formal product management techniques, tools, and principles involved in planning and delivering new software products and services.
· Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work with a heightened sense of urgency and drive a broad Scrum team to strategic conclusions.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and translate non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences.
· Ability to personally interact with customers, prospects, sales, executive management, and technical engineering resources, adjusting communications to the situation and successfully understanding and communicating product capabilities and priorities to each audience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
· Ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences, including Engineering.
· Ability to personally interact with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
· Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
· Works well in fast paced, high pressure environments with the ability focus on goals and objectives
· Is honest and authentic, has active listening skills and maintains a positive mental attitude
· Experience managing products and solutions for the Contact Center or Customer Experience
· Experience managing tools and capabilities for developer and/or partner eco-systems
· Experience creating and building marketplace of supported applications
· Experience managing APIs as products or API-heavy products
· Solid product management expertise and experience
· Agile methodology experience
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.