Location: Salt Lake City, UTThe DevOps Engineer works as an integrated part of a software engineering team with specific focus on facilitating and building automated pipelines for continuous delivery of the team's deliverables with guaranteed production-level quality and supportability.
- Properly record and track projects for capitalization.
- Reduce liability to the company by:
- Ensure new development is in compliance with regulatory and best practices
- Ensure accuracy of data and reporting
- Ensure security measures are created and maintained with new products which may house private information
- Defining and developing continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Building Infrastructure as Code
- Coordinating build and release activities with other stakeholders
- Defining and developing automated quality and release gates
- Working with teams to develop code quality metrics and meters
- Identifying, researching, and prototyping new technologies to improve DevOps processes
- Collaborating with various teams and disciplines to promote and develop DevOps best practices
- Managing day to day operations of release pipelines, build tools, and source control software and resources
- Performing ongoing maintenance and upgrades of DevOps systems (Production & non-production)
- Troubleshooting & responding to downtime, performance degradation and outside attacks
- Occasional weekend or after-hours work as needed
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of CXone.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Solves basic problems for assigned tasks using a small set of techniques (e.g. trial and error, abstraction & encapsulation or divide & conquer)
- Can debug basic problems in own code
- Stays abreast of new technologies and industry best practices related to DevOps
- Service-oriented; ability to supply services to a team of engineers
- Coordinates work with peers
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others within team
- Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve systems and processes
- 1-3 years of experience as a contributor on a software development team
- Solid understanding of Agile Software Development practices and principles
- Familiarity with CI automation tools, such as CircleCI, Jenkins, or Bamboo, TFS Build
- Familiarity with Docker containers and Docker-based Microservices
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or CloudFormation
- Experience working with distributed source control systems, preferably with GitHub or BitBucket
- Experience writing scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, Powershell
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS services
- Experience with one or more database engines, including MySQL, Postgres, Dynamo
- Deep knowledge and understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- -Database Administration (Structured and/or unstructured, Indexing, Performance Tuning, Backup and restore, data lifecycle management, scaling)
- -Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking Administration (DNS, SSL/TLS, Load Balancing, IPv4 Sub netting, Firewalling, etc.)
- -Voice Over IP administration (Signaling, Encoding/Decoding; Protocols like Media Gateway, RTC, SIP; Security, Border Controllers; QoS, LCR)
- -Operating Systems (Linux/Windows, Virtualization, Containers, Imaging, Orchestration, Storage types & performance, Monitoring, Capacity Planning)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Experience Preferred:
- Experience with Artifactory
- Experience with Release Pipeline tools such as Concourse, Thoughtworks Go, Octopus, Hive, ElectricFlow, or Xebialabs
- Call center and telecom experience
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.